[GrantsTX] FW: WebJunction Sustainability Award announcement
marrednd at tsl.state.tx.us
Tue Feb 22 10:45:12 CST 2005
Please excuse any cross-posting
WJ Awards: Sustainability
This category will highlight innovative ways that organizations are
securing funding and other resources, such as hardware, software,
volunteers, and outreach. It also can include how organizations are
partnering with others in the community to build public and private
support for their public access programs that are leading to longer
sustainability. Criteria will include:
-Creativity and innovation
Here are the questions you'll need to answer when you turn in your entry
or nomination for this category:
1. Please provide a brief description of the "sustainability" program
you're nominating for a WJ Award.
2. Describe the specific funding and/or resources that were creatively
solicited and/or obtained as part of this program.
3. Describe the partnerships engaged in this sustainability program, and
how partners are helping build long-term sustainability.
4. What have been the impacts and results of the program on programs and
service in the library? You may describe impact/results for both patrons
5. What is creative or innovative about the program? What sets it apart
from other library programs?
6. How can this program be replicated in other communities? Did you
document your progress, lessons learned, or share your success with
other libraries, for example?
Check out our Winners Archive for examples of winning entries in this
category. Visit http://webjunction.org and click on Community Center >
Awards for more details on how to nominate your favorite library. Send
questions or comments to awards at webjunction.org.
joe_anderson at oclc.org
1100 Dexter Avenue N.
Seattle, WA 98109
More information about the grantsTX